Low back pain is frequent reason for seeking health expert’s consultation and is experienced by person of any age, ranging from children to old age. Prevalence of low back pain increase with age and its highest incidence is seen in 35 to 55 years. The lifetime prevalence of non-specific (common) low back pain is estimated at 60% to 70% in industrialised countries.
When you need to visit doctor?
You need to consult your doctor early if you experiences back pain associated with any of these feature:
- Persistent pain more than 6 week
- Pain in lying down position or Disturbing pain at night
- Decreased or loss of sensation in perianal region
- Pain worsened by coughing, sneezing
- Loss of control over passing urine or stool
- Pain radiating below knee
- Bilateral lower limb pain that is worsened by activities such as walking, prolonged standing, and back extension
- Progressive weakness of limbs
- Major trauma or minor trauma in old age
- Associated with Loss of weight, fever or night sweat
- Diagnosed case of cancer elsewhere in body